Here are the top 5 benefits of omega-3 fatty acids and why they are necessary for your health.
1. Lowers The Risk Of Cancer – Certain cancers are formed on the basis of inflammation. With omega-3 fatty acids working to stop inflammation, the risk of cancer developing or worsening is reduced with the consumption of these fats.
2. Helps With Digestion – Omega-3 fats can help those who have trouble with bloating, gas, and digesting food. In addition, these fats can help reduce the symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome since they reduce inflammation.
3. Fights Depression – Fats play an essential role when it comes to maintaining good mental health. Studies have shown that Omega-3 fatty acids have helped patients facing depression by reducing their feelings of sadness and inability to work or sleep. This is due to the fact that the brain needs fats in order to function properly.
4. Relieves Menstrual Pain – Menstrual cramps are something every woman dreads going through, but Omega-3 fatty acids can help! Studies have shown that women who took either seal oil or fish oil have had fewer symptoms and pain when it came to their cramps.
5. Promotes Heart Health – Research has shown that omega-3 fatty acids play a significant role when it comes to lowering blood pressure. Also, omega-3 fatty acids reduce the risk of stroke and heart attack by decreasing the fatty plaques that can build up inside arteries.
Foods such as salmon, walnuts, kale, and egg yolks are rich in fatty-acids, so make sure to stock up on those on the next grocery shopping trip.
You can also consume omega-3 fatty acids by taking a fish oil supplement.